Madeira Business Centre
The Dixcart Business Centre in Madeira is a dedicated building situated on one of the most important roads in the central commercial area of Funchal, Madeira’s capital. Madeira is an integral part of Portugal, and therefore a full member of the EU, which makes activity from within the International Business Centre (IBC) of Madeira an extremely attractive proposition for international companies and individuals.
Madeira is an autonomous region of Portugal that has its own Government and legislative assembly. Madeira has strong British connections and the currency is the Euro.
In Madeira, companies are eligible to enjoy the many tax benefits granted to businesses under the Madeira Free Trade Zone legislation, including:
- Corporate tax rates ranging from 4% to 5%
- SGPS holding companies (access to EU Parent/Subsidiary Directive)
- No property transfer tax (provided that certain conditions are met)
- Access to the EU Interest and Royalties Directive for interest and royalty payments
- Automatic VAT registration (especially helpful for trading companies)
In addition, companies licensed to operate in Madeira have access to most of the Double Taxation Agreements (DTAs) in place between Portugal and other countries.
Please visit the Dixcart Business Centre website at www.dixcartbc.com