News & Views
Dixcart News features a selection of topical Articles. Please feel free to use ‘Search’ or the Filters below to locate the Article that best matches your needs and interests.
Access to Complimentary Services from Nevis for Professional Firms in Other Jurisdictions
St Kitts & Nevis offers well-regulated and effective solutions for businesses around the world. It is an international financial centre with innovative corporate and wealth management solutions available to clients.
A number of jurisdictions are experiencing increased pressure from the wider international commercial community and/or measures taken by their own Governments. Nevis may be able to assist professional firms located in these jurisdictions by offering effective additional and/or alternative services, thereby helping firms to maintain and develop their client base.
Characteristics of the Jurisdiction of Nevis Enhancing the Provision of Complementary Services
- A Private Corporate Register – No local register of directors, officers or ultimate beneficial owners. The Regulator has publically stated, on more than one occasion, that Nevis will not voluntarily establish registers of this kind.
- Ability to hold your own Nevis Licence – If the anticipated volumes of business are substantial, Dixcart Nevis can obtain a licence for another professional firm to provide corporate services from Nevis. We can assist in establishing a local Nevis company, apply for an appropriate licence and assist in administering the business in Nevis.
- A Three Year Post Dissolution Trustee Position and an Easy Redomiciliation Process – A dissolved company has three years post the dissolution of the company to finalise dealing with its assets and liabilities. The directors can adopt the role of Trustee and deal with any ongoing, pre-dissolution business situations.
Combined with a relatively simple redomiciliation process, this can make Nevis an attractive jurisdiction to move a company to prior to a dissolution.
- Redomiciliation and Dissolution – as indicated above the processes of redomiciliation and dissolution in Nevis are straightforward, and are cost effective and quick. On receipt of the correct forms and funds, these processes only take between 24 and 48 hours to complete.
- Legalisation of Documents for use in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) – St Kitts & Nevis has a consulate based in Dubai. A document that needs to be legalised in the UAE can be notarised in Nevis first and then sent directly to Dubai, where it will be apostilled and legalised at a significantly reduced cost and in a shorter timeframe than if sent to the UAE Embassy in London.
- St Kitts & Nevis Citizenship Solution – St Kitts & Nevis provides a solution for international clients who are looking to ease their ability to travel around the world and/or are seeking a location that they can move to with relative ease.
- Alternative Structures that can be Offered to Clients – Nevis has the following available structures:
- IBC – International Business Corporation
- PTC – Private Trustee Company
- International Exempt Trust
- LLC – Limited Liability Company
- MultiForm Foundation
Dixcart’s Approach to Client Retention and Confidentiality
Dixcart understands and appreciates the importance of client confidentiality and retention of client communication. We therefore treat the professional as our client and the point of contact when dealing with organisations and individuals that wish to provide services from Nevis. We aim to offer a service that allows other professional firms to retain and expand their client base even if they are located in a jurisdiction that may be experiencing pressures.
If you require additional information regarding this topic and/or the jurisdiction of Nevis, please speak to your usual Dixcart contact, or to Graham Sutcliffe at the Dixcart office in Nevis: email@example.com.