Benefits Offered by Nevis and the Use of a Managed Trust Company
Nevis offers a number of wealth planning opportunities which can provide certainty, flexibility and privacy to families who are planning for the future.
Numerous tax benefits are available to international companies, limited partnerships and trusts located in Nevis. These include NO income tax, NO social security tax, NO capital gains tax, NO wealth tax, and NO death duty or inheritance tax. Nevis also does not levy VAT or other indirect taxes.
The main structuring vehicles and opportunities include:
- International Business Corporations (IBCs)
- Limited Liability Corporations (LLCs)
- International Registered Trusts
- Private Trust Corporations (PTCs)
- Multiform Foundations (MMFs)
- Citizenship by Investment
The Dixcart office in Nevis is able to incorporate and coordinate the structures above and, as appropriate:
- Administer the structures as local directors, managers or trustees. Our team has extensive experience in running complex international structures and in demonstrating and documenting that decisions and management have been undertaken in Nevis, OR
- Assist the relevant directors, managers or trustees in running the relevant structures.
Dixcart in Nevis also has expertise in establishing Managed Trust Companies in Nevis.
The Challenge and the Solution
Many organisations and family offices wish to create their own local trust company in a tax-efficient jurisdiction such as Nevis, but feel that the expense involved in the set-up would just be too high.
- Confidentiality – Nevis does not have Government or Public Registers for officers, shareholders or controlling parties.
- Potential for the licensed local business to be exempt from most local Nevis taxes for five years. This exemption does not, however, cover withholding tax, which will be levied by the Government at a rate of 15% on all payments to Nevis non-residents.
- Minimal costs in terms of establishing a new office, i.e. renting premises and/or recruiting staff.
- Continued use of the ‘parent firm’ name – clients are reassured that their affairs are retained under the same organisation and that their confidentiality is maintained.
- Use of local, professional, qualified staff who reside full time in Nevis and offer high levels of experience with regards to international business.
Establishing a Corporate Service Provider (IBC) in Nevis
Dixcart, in Nevis, can assist with the following processes:
- Incorporation of a local company.
- Application for “Alien Land Holding Licences” for officers and shareholders.
- Preparation of a business plan.
- Preparation of the licence application.
- Liaison with the Regulator regarding the licensing process.
- Creation of an appropriate anti-money laundering manual and appointment of a registered compliance officer.
- Use of the required statutory software.
- Liaison with the Government to obtain the five year local tax exemption status.
- Ongoing assistance.
Additional Dixcart Services Available in Nevis
The Dixcart office in Nevis and the professional team located there provide a comprehensive range of services, including: compliance, fiduciary, general administration and succession planning services as well as advice regarding Citizenship by Investment and assistance with the application process.
If you require additional information regarding this topic and/or the jurisdiction of Nevis, please speak to your usual Dixcart contact, or to John Mellor at the Dixcart office in Nevis: email@example.com.